Friday, July 3, 2015

Supernatural Quilt: The First Blade


"He found a fresh jawbone of a donkey, so he reached out and took it and killed a thousand men with it." Judges 15:15

The First Blade is the blade fashioned from the jawbone of an ass that Cain used to kill his brother Able. The Blade works with the Mark of Cain to kill nearly anything. Dean uses it to kill Abbadon, a Knight of Hell. Without the Mark the Blade is just an old bone.

I adore the fabric I found for the First Blade. I really looks like bone! I did add an outline to it to help define the teeth. I wasn't planning on it, but the squares with outlining look fantastic so I'm considering outlining them all. That would be a bit of a pain for a girl who really doesn't care for hand sewing. Here is a picture of the Blade without the outline. See how much it helps it?


This pattern and others like it can be found here. But only the ones I created myself. If someone else designed the pattern you can find it on FandomInStitches.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment