Wednesday, October 21, 2015

World Of Warcraft Quilt: Tyrande Whisperwind



I have a very good friend that met about 8 years ago playing World Of Warcraft. We are still really good friends today. I decided I was gonna make him a quilt celebrating our time in WoW. I wasn't gonna post these blocks in case he saw them, but then he guessed what I was doing so it totally ruined the surprise. All well, now at least he can have some say in what blocks I do. The first block I've finished is Tyrande Whisperwind, the leader of the Night Elves in Darnassus. He picked the picture from one of the books. I just tried to mimic it.


Having her one hand out and pointing didn't look right as a quilt block so I moved it behind her cat. I'm now trying to decide how much embroidery to do. I know I'll add the bowstring, but what about faces? I like her without, but the cat needs something. And if I do the cat I should do her too. Not sure. I'm still thinking about it.

Oh and here's a neat picture of the back before I tear the paper off. Maybe I'll do a tutorial of how to do paper piecing quilts, but until then I'll just refer you all to the tutorials on FandomInStitches.com



No comments:

Post a Comment