Friday, June 26, 2015

My Little Pony Fair Bag


Time for a little break from the Supernatural Quilt. I wasn't planning on going, but suddenly the opportunity to go the this year's My Little Pony Fair popped up. Ponies are definatly more my sister's thing but I do enjoy them myself as well. She's busy painting a tote bag for the fair so I decided to make a bag as well. This one was made in just a few hours and is based on the unicorn Glory. A white unicorn with purple hair with a blue streak in it. That's why the bag is white with a purple and blue flap. Her symbol (or cutie mark as its known in the pony community) is a silver shooting star with purple tails. After I put the star on I realized that the tails wouldn't show up on the purple flap so I outlined them by sewing down a larger white shape first. I like it so mu h I prolly should have outlined the star too. If I had time I might have too, but we are leaving to go to the show in just a few hours and I still need to pack and do ky nails. I am offically out of time. This is the first time I've ever done applique too. Gotta run! Hope you all like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment