Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Supernatural Quilt: John Winchester's Journal


"Dad's on a Hunting trip and hasn't been home in a few days." -Dean Winchester


Their father's journal is perhaps the brothers' most prized possession. In it they find all the knowledge their father has gathered about all the monsters he's ever hunted.

I'm actually kinda in love with this block. There is several different embriodery variations possible for the blank page. I chose the circled Dean with coordinates though I almost did the Wendigo page. I had an earlier version were I pieced all the ribbons and medals, but I am very glad I changed my mind and used stitching for some of it. It turned out smaller than I thought it would and piecing it would have been near impossible. As it is not all the embroidery is done. I ran out of red thread for the Vietnam Service Ribbon and the other pin.

Here is a pic of the block without any embroidery.


No comments:

Post a Comment