Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Supernatural Quilt: Impala

So I just learned a new quilting technique and am kinda in love. Paper piecing allows you to have more complex and pictoral blocks in your quilt. I'm used to just using various sizes of squares to make pretty patterns, but now I can make images! Here is the first offical block of this quilt:


Now I still need to add wheels and fabric top and bottom to square it up, but it's the Impala from Supernatural! I'm so thrilled with how it turned out!

Confession time, this is the second Impala block I made. The first one I chose the background fabric poorly and you could barely see the image. I still want to use that background fabric cause its so cool, but just not right next to the car. Maybe that will be the fabric I use to square it up with. Here is the first slightly failed square:


See what I mean? Too busy. But it's that Route 66 material that made me want to do a Supernatural Quilt in the first place. So I'll incorporate it into this block, but just not right next to the car.

The pattern is free at FandomInStitches.com By Jennifer Ofenstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment